Thursday, March 8, 2012

Peyton Manning & The Decision Part 2

Peyton Manning should join the Dolphins and, taking a page from LeBron, announce his choice by way of The Decision Part 2 with Jim Gray. It would score huge ratings. If it did happen, here's how it may go down.

(This is the actual transcript from LeBron's Decision with some minor changes)
__________

Q. You've had everybody else biting their nails. So I guess it's time for them to stop chewing. The answer to the question everybody wants to know: Peyton what's your decision?

A. This fall, this is very tough, this fall I'm going to take my nerve endings to South Beach and join the Miami Dolphins.

Q. The Miami Dolphins? That was the conclusion you woke up with this morning?

A. That was the conclusion I woke up with this morning. I can't feel my right arm.

Q. Why Miami?

A. The heat will be good for my arm, which I can’t feel. I used to be able to count to 10. Now I can only count to 5.

Q. Was it always your plan to go and play with JP Losman?

A. Well, I mean, I'm looking forward to it. To say it was always in my plans, I can't say it was always in my plans because I never thought it was possible. I can’t feel my fingers.

Q. In many ways you're going to J.P Losman’s team. He's been in Miami. He's won a ring in a cereal box. How do you think you'll be able to fit?

A. Who is Losman? Sometimes I faint for no reason.

Q. How do you explain this to the people in Indianopolis?

A. Irsay asked me to leave so he could move the team to Canada in the middle of the night. I agreed. Problem is he wanted to shake on it. It took me 3 months to raise my arm.

Q. Did LeBron’s mom help you with your exit from Indy?

A. Absolutely. When I called LeBron’s mother I thought I would hear a different reaction. Her reaction was that it was a great move, because she felt it was going to ultimately make me happy. It wasn't about being in Miami. It wasn't about playing alongside Losman. She just felt it was going to make me happy. She also said it didn’t matter that the entire right side of my body was numb. She also said it was ok that I can no longer cry out of my right eye. She gives good hugs.

Q. Did LeBron’s mom give you any advice?

A. Yes – learn how to throw left.

No comments: